by Dr. James Maas: Do your eyelids feel heavy during afternoon meetings? Do you sleep extra hours on weekend mornings? Do you use caffeine to stay alert or an alarm to get out of bed? These are all symptoms of sleep deficiency—signals that you are operating below your peak performance and beneath your mental capacity.
Despite popular perceptions, sleep is not a luxury, it is a necessity. More than 70 million Americans are sleep-deprived and make crucial business and personal decisions in an impaired state. In Power Sleep, Dr. James B. Maas, a pioneer of sleep research at Cornell University, has created an easy, drug-free program to improve your body and mind for an alert and productive tomorrow. In Power Sleep, you'll find:
- The golden rules of sleep
- Twenty great sleep strategies
- The dos and don'ts of sleeping pills and over-the-counter remedies
- How to combat travel fatigue, including jet lag and drowsy driving
- Tips for exhausted parents of newborns, infants, and toddlers
- How to overcome sleep disorders, including insomnia
An important and practical book, Power Sleep will help you get the sleep you need to improve your mental and physical well-being quickly and dramatically and to become a peak performer.